Friday, May 29, 2015

The right priorities? My books, now and in the future

I'm thankful every day for so many wonderful friends who support my books. I cherish you. Because of you, I get to sit here and write. Nothing could be better.

I'd like to bring you up to date on the status of my books.

Current books:

"HITLER'S TIME MACHINE," my alternate history/science fiction "take" on World War II, is the only book I'm actively promoting. It's my very first title in the new world of self-publishing. It's getting excellent reviews and shows promise of developing legs and reaching new audiences. I'm especially  thankful for your help in getting the word out, especially to Kindle users. It's available here or get it directly from me.


"365 AIRCRAFT YOU MUST FLY THIS YEAR," my guidebook to the world's important planes and helicopters, is due this month. It's my very last title in the old world of commercial publishing. It's a fun book intended as a gift for the casual aviation buff, richly illustrated in color. This is a fun look at flying, in Kindle and hard copy and can be pre-ordered here.

Future books:

"CRIME SCENE FAIRFAX COUNTY" is a murder story set in my locality in 1947. Watch for news about this crime novel.

"FEGELEIN'S TIME MACHINE," the sequel to "HITLER," will be along at the end of the year.

"AIR POWER ABANDONED" is the history of how Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who served from 2006 to 2011, decapitated the Air Force, canceled the F-22 Raptor fighter, and betrayed America's airmen. I have a superb cover design from Victor Rook but am still writing the book. I need to hear from those who can help and am trying to make a list of those who might be interested in getting the book when it comes out.

Books that are going away:

"AIR FORCE ONE" (2002), about presidential aircraft, is now out of print. I still have a few mint copies in the basement. When they're gone, it's over. It had a great run.

"HELL HAWKS!" (2008), co-authored with Thomas D. Jones about a fighter group in Europe, is nearing the end. It won't be possible to get copies signed by both Tom and me after May 31.

"MISSION TO BERLIN" (2011), about B-17 Flying Fortress crews in Europe, is the title in this category I want most to save and to keep in print. I need your help to keep it from going completely out of print.

"MISSION TO TOKYO" (2012) about B-29 Superfortress crews bombing Japan will be out of print soon. I have a few copies available here as of now.

"FIGHTING HITLER'S JETS" (2013), a history of the development of jet aircraft on both sides in World War II, is a great narrative but has a very limited future. I have a few copies available as of now.

Oh, and as for the other seventy-some books I've published over the years, they're all out of print. Used copies are available on the Internet.

That's the status of my books, my dear friends. Tell me if you think I have my priorities right. And as always I want to hear from you whenever you get the urge to talk. Again, thank you so very, very much.

2 comments :

  1. Hi Robert,

    ..great blog.. fascinating reading! still reading HTM..and HFJs ! I know its old ground but I have a very dog-eared collection of your old Aviation News articles, would like to see those - or a similar compilation- collected together in a hard cover one day perhaps?
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a terrific idea! I still have a pile of them in the basement, but no idea how to scan them. Thank you for your comment. If you haven't done so, I hope you'll subscribe to this blog.

      Delete